Benefits of Food Handler CertificationSamira Ali
Food handler certification is a great way to guarantee your customers get the best food possible. There are many benefits for the employee and the employer. We all know that being part of a food borne illness outbreak can have multiple negative outcomes.
The best and most effective way in preventing food borne illness is by getting the proper knowledge to serve safe food. Food handler certification is required in multiple provinces across the country.
A few benefits of the food safety training are provided below:
- Job qualification: Increase your likelihood of becoming hired.
- Obtain a provincially recognized certificate that is valid for five years.
- Learn how to prevent food-borne illnesses.
- Increase chances of passing inspection.
- Increase awareness of food safety.
- Decrease likelihood of causing illnesses or outbreaks.
- Increase customer confidence in your service.
It is important to know that the responsibility to serve safe food belongs to everyone in the establishment.